Monday 9 December 2013

Its the most wonderful time of the year



I'm counting down the days to Christmas (16 days to go!) and I am getting more and more excitable as they pass. Everyone should act like a child at Christmas time, however I probably shouldn't quite be as the Christmas shopping hasn't quite yet been done. My excitement for Christmas was accentuated on a visit to Van Hages it was literally like being inside Santa's grotto. Visiting Van Hages has become a little family tradition and we have been going their since I can remember. Although we don't visit Father Christmas any more a walk around and an ice skate are perfect to get you in a Christmassy mood.
I had the opportunity to buy a beautiful red poinsettia which I think can really brighten up the dull Christmas days. Each year at Van Hages we also buy a Christmas decoration this year we brought a pair of ice skates which are now on the tree and I will include in a Christmas decoration post later this month.


I could have spent hours looking round the beautiful displays and If I had the time I definitely would. I don't think Christmas would be the same without ice skating and there are so many amazing places to go last year I got the chance to go to Cardiff winter wonderland and the year before we got to go to summer set house and hopefully each December I will get the chance to go somewhere new. I actually really like the idea of ice skating in the evening, I can't help but find the idea of a moonlit skate quite fairytale like.


3 comments:

  1. love ice skating at Van Hages too! we have a tradition in my family similar to yours :D maybe one day we will meet each other there haha and we can ice skate together :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should go together in the new year <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so pretty! I wish we had Christmas where I am right now. :D x
    www.theprettylilthingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete